Glazed apple fritters are made with fresh chopped apples, deep fried, and then glazed with a thin frosting.
Serve these fritters with some fresh crisp apple slices and a cup of steaming coffee for breakfast or brunch.
Watch them disappear quickly! This doughnut recipe is a delicious treat to make in the fall, when the apple harvest is at its peak.
They are similar to a doughnut and can be made using a frying pan with oil or a deep fryer.
Apple fritters are a nice alternative to donuts for breakfast or brunch if you are wanting something a little bit sweet to start your day. Sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar if you like.
Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXXAre you ready to save money on your grocery bill and earn gift cards from your efforts? Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code MXUXX and get 2,000 points. It’s a free app that turns grocery receipts into rewards. Click here to read my Fetch Rewards review on how it works. Just scan any grocery or gasoline receipt, and earn points towards awesome rewards. You’ll earn on all matched brands and products and gain access to exclusive offers that earn you even more points. No more entering codes, completing tasks or jumping through any hoops! Just scan your grocery receipt, and get rewarded. Click here to download the FetchRewards app. Use my Fetch Rewards Referral Code: MXUXX You can find more money saving referral codes here: Referral Code Master List
“Scrumptious!” – Matthew P via FB
“Yummy! “- Sherry M via FB
Fried Apple Fritters With Vanilla Glaze
Apple Fritters with Vanilla Glaze
- small saucepan
- small and medium mixing bowls
- A deep fryer or a 2"-3" deep frying pan cast iron or Teflon (like a cast iron skillet,chicken fryer or saute' pan)
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced apples about 2 medium
- Vegetable oil for frying
Glaze for Apple Fritters
- 1 cup powdered sugar confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- enough hot or boiling water to make a thin glaze
- In a small saucepan on low heat, heat milk just until hot. Do not scald the milk.
- Separate the eggs. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks and very slowly pour in the hot milk, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. Be careful not to add the milk too fast as the hot milk could cook the eggs.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, flour and baking powder.
- Gently stir in the beaten egg whites to the batter. Batter will be slightly elastic. Mix in the chopped apples and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and enough hot or boiling water to make a thin glaze. Set aside.
- Prepare your deep fryer as directed or pour vegetable oil halfway up the height of your frying pan. Heat the vegetable oil just until water bounces, but be careful for it not to become too hot.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil and fry until lightly golden brown. Repeat until the batter is used. Drain all on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Transfer while still very warm to another plate and drizzle with glaze. Sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar if you would like.