Creamy iced coffee slush is a nice alternative to a traditional hot cup of coffee when the weather is hot. This cold drink recipe is made with strong brewed coffee, milk, cream, and vanilla.
If you love coffee, try a bit of this creamy coffee slush for breakfast or brunch. Your guests will remember you for it!
This is a perfect cold coffee beverage for a hot summer morning when a standard hot cup of coffee seems too much.
This refreshing cooler is just right for an early evening or after dinner drink also. You can add a bit of brandy to it if you like.
It is a welcome alternative to getting that extra caffeine you may need or if you prefer just the coffee flavor and not the caffeine, you may certainly use decaffeinated coffee in this coffee recipe.
See other breakfast drinks and smoothie recipes.
Creamy Iced Coffee Slush
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee*
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Three quart freezer safe bowl
- In a freezer safe bowl, stir the hot coffee and sugar together until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours.
- Using a whisk, add the milk, cream, and vanilla. Cover and freeze for 6-8 hours or until solid
- Remove from the freezer several hours before serving.
- Chop the coffee cream mixture until slushy.
- Spoon into coffee mugs or glasses. Serve immediately.
*Make the coffee a bit stronger than you normally would just to drink, as the milk and cream will dilute the potency of the coffee flavor.