Mushroom and Swiss quiche: Loads of fresh mushrooms and mellow Swiss cheese along with onion and hot red pepper make this quiche recipe a favorite for breakfast or brunch. Try other quiche recipes like this mushroom and Swiss quiche.
This is a crustless quiche as the biscuit mix and egg mixture is what is used to keep the quiche together.
Just a small amount of hot red pepper gives this quiche a little extra flavor and kick. You may omit this from the recipe if you desire.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site!
Breakfast and Brunch Serving Ideas
Serve this quiche with fresh fruit, muffins, or popovers, and fresh orange juice for a delicious breakfast recipe or part of brunch menu along with bacon, pork sausage, toast, jam, and jelly. A fresh fruit compote or cinnamon apples make a nice side dish or try any of these other Fresh Fruit Serving Ideas.
Mushroom and Swiss Quiche
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) package mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup biscuit baking mix (Bisquick or Jiffy)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12" quiche pan with cooking spray.
- Slice mushrooms and save out ¼ of the best looking mushrooms for placement on top of the quiche.
- Place a snug single layer of remaining mushrooms on the bottom of the pan.
- Chop onion and evenly layer over mushrooms.
- Sprinkle ¾ of the Swiss cheese over the mushrooms and onions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt, pepper, and hot red pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over mushrooms.
- Layer the remaining mushrooms over the top, spacing apart.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden on top and fully set.