Try this easy French toast recipe for breakfast or brunch. It is made with Texas toast and eggs that are fried in a pan and topped with maple syrup, whipped cream, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
French toast can be served with just maple syrup or dressed up with a raspberry sauce, blueberry syrup, apple cinnamon syrup, or jams and jellies.
Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar for a nice presentation.
You may also try other types of breads such as French or Italian Bread instead of the Texas toast for a nice change of pace and a slightly different flavor in this easy french toast recipe.
Serve hot and serve with butter, maple syrup, a spoon of whipped cream and a dusting of confectioners sugar.
Easy French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 loaf of Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ cup milk
- pure maple syrup
- Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Large frying pan
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and beaters for your electric mixer for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Beat 1 cup of whipping cream and ¼ cup confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve the French toast.
- In a medium mixing bowl, break four eggs and whisk together.
- Add milk and cinnamon and whisk into the eggs.
- Preheat frying pan or griddle to a medium heat.
- Dip a piece of Texas toast into the egg mixtue with a fork and coat both sides of the bread evenly.
- Place in heated pan or griddle. Repeat with as many pieces of bread will fit into the pan at once.
- Fry until golden brown.