Try this creamy banana smoothie recipe made with fresh bananas, cream, and orange juice. This quick and easy smoothie recipe is a great breakfast choice for a busy morning on the go. Check out all of my smoothie recipes like this banana smoothie.
Make this for breakfast, brunch, or an after school snack. It is filling and helps get you through the day without feeling tired.
This recipe is quick and easy and only takes a few minutes to whip up, which is good because mornings can be a busy time of day.
Using heavy cream instead of milk gives this smoothie a rich silky taste. Whole milk or skim milk works just fine, but the drink will lose some of its flavor.
Another option is to substitute the heavy cream with a non-dairy product like almond milk for those of you that want or need to stay away from dairy products.
You can also go ahead and make this breakfast drink the night before. Just refrigerate the blender container and give it a quick whip in the morning and it will be ready to serve.
Be sure to double the recipe, as your family will have this one disappearing quickly!
Creamy Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 scoops fine ice
- 2 small bananas
- 8 oz. heavy cream (or half and half)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 oz. simple syrup** (recipe follows)
- To make the simple syrup, combine equal portions of white granulated sugar and water (1 cup of each) in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until dissolved. Cool to room temperature for use. Refrigerate any simple syrup leftovers.
- In a blender combine the banana, cream, orange juice and simple syrup.
- Blend on high speed until frothy.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with a leftover banana slice, strawberry or orange wedge. A mint leaf or two will add color as well.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
The Scientific Reason Going Hungry Makes You Gain Weight
Did you know that dieting can actually “help” you gain weight?
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, and faithfully ate skimpy servings of vegetables no self-respecting rabbit would touch, and dried pieces of salty, crunchy…something… or drank gallons of lemon juice flavored with red pepper and maple syrup until you just had to eat something, anything…
And then all your lost pounds came rushing back… along with pounds and pounds of rebound weight gain…
You’re not alone!
But… the problem isn’t you and it’s not your willpower.
That’s because most of us who’ve tried to lose weight have had the exact same experience.
There’s a scientific reason why your body is doing this to you… and the good news is, you can work with your body so you can easily burn off all the excess fat you want.
Click here to watch this amazing video: “The Diet Industry’s Dirty Secret—Revealed!”