Try this tomato avocado English muffin sandwich as an alternative breakfast item. If you love fresh avocado, try having it for breakfast.
Calling all avocado lovers! If you think there are too few recipes and uses for fresh avocado, try this breakfast recipe made with English muffins, mashed avocado, and fresh sliced tomatoes. Serve this English muffin sandwich with fresh fruit for a fun and different breakfast combo.
This is one of my favorite recipes that I find myself making again and again, whenever I have avocados in the house.
I absolutely love avocados and unfortunately do not live in an area where they are always affordable. I do buy them when they are less expensive and this is one of my treats. The combination of the crunchiness of the toasted English muffins combines so well with the smooth avocados.
I have also found similar recipes around the web that use cream cheese in place of butter and others that place a fried egg in the middle. Other recipes use pickled onions or cheese in the mix. So, you can get pretty creative on combining your love for avocados and your favorite breakfast items.
Individual portions can also be served for a smaller group of friends for brunch with fried eggs, herbal tea and muffins. I prefer to serve this open faced and use a knife and fork to eat it. You could also make this into a full sandwich if you desire.
Yum! Here is another combination I made with bacon and using toast instead of an English muffin:
Tomato Avocado English Muffin Sandwich
- 2 ripe avocados, room temperature
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 English Muffins, halved
- salted butter
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop out the avocado into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add fresh ground sea salt and cracked fresh pepper to taste.
- Slice the tomatoes and place on a plate.
- Split the English muffin halves and toast them in the toaster. Spread lightly with butter.
- To serve; place 2 buttered and toasted English muffin halves on a plate, add a slice of tomato, and top with a large spoon of mashed avocado.
- Grind a bit more salt and pepper over the top if desired.
- Serve with fresh fruit such as grapes or orange slices, herbal tea and muffins.