Whipped strawberry butter is a quick and easy spread made with fresh dairy butter and strawberry preserves. Serve for breakfast or brunch on toast, pancakes, waffles, or French toast. You can also find more ideas for pancake and waffle toppings here.
This is the type of special touch that I would expect to find at a breakfast table at a quaint bed and breakfast inn. It is one of those little extras that makes the stay worth talking about.
You can get that same touch at home as well in only about 10 minutes with this easy whipped butter recipe. I would describe the flavor as light, smooth and creamy. You get the taste of strawberry, but not so much that it turns too sweet.
Because the butter is whipped with an electric mixer, it becomes quite soft and fluffy and spreads easily. You get the best of the strawberry preserves and butter together.
Strawberry preserves are a more intense fruit flavored spread and when whipped with the butter, give a nice fruity flavor to a crusty piece of toast, bagels, pancakes, waffles or French toast.
This is one of my favorite flavored spreads and also tastes great on popovers, hot biscuits, coffee cake, and baguettes.
Brunch Party Tip:
Make this whipped strawberry spread along with honey cinnamon butter and orange butter and offer a trio of choices for your brunch menu or party.
Also try chilling the butter until hard and then cut out shapes like hearts with mini cookie cutters for an amazing touch to your brunch.
Whipped Strawberry Butter Recipe
- 1 cup dairy butter, softened
- ½ cup strawberry preserves
- Soften butter to room temperature by leaving the butter covered on a plate on the counter.
- Place the softened butter in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat with an hand held electric mixer until whipped and creamy. You can also use a wooden spoon and beat vigorously until fluffy.
- Stir in the strawberry preserves and beat until blended.
- Transfer to a pretty bowl or ramekin. If the mixture is too soft, chill for 10-15 minutes so that it is firm, but still spreadable.