Chunky spiced pineapple sauce is made with canned pineapple chunks, cinnamon, sugar, and cloves. Just a touch of cinnamon, sugar, and cloves makes this a fun treat for breakfast or brunch.
Serve this fruit recipe as a side dish for breakfast or brunch warm over ham or use it as a topping for ice cream, cakes, waffles, and pancakes. This is a versatile sauce that is a nice complement to savory recipes like quiche, omelets and breakfast casseroles. You could also serve it as a dessert on its own.
Try vanilla ice cream, pour this sauce on top, slightly warm and then add a few chopped pecans for a bit of crunch and saltiness. Yum!
Don’t forget the quick breads or coffee cake to round out your meal. Your family and guests will be delighted! This is an easy pineapple recipe that can be served warm or cold depending on what else your are serving that day.
Find other fruit recipes like this pineapple sauce.
Spiced Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 2-15 ounce cans pineapple chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 2-3 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1-2 Tablespoons water to form a paste
- Drain pineapple juice from the cans into a medium saucepan. Set pineapple chunks aside.
- Add the sugar, apple cider vinegar, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and cornstarch mixture to the syrup in the sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks back to the mixture. Heat to boiling until the sauce starts to thicken, around 2-5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and cool. Sauce will thicken more upon standing.
- Serve in dessert sauce dishes.