Try these six layer grilled chicken burritos for a fun family dinner. Made with grilled chicken, flour tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, Spanish rice, and cheese, these burritos will be a favorite.
If you are always on the search for new family dinner recipe ideas like we are it can be tough to find something that tastes great and pleases everyone. I thought this recipe turned out so well we immediately added it into the recipe rotation.
In fact, the first time I made them they disappeared so quick that I didn’t have a chance to photograph them! We made these burritos about a week later and I finally got my photographs for posting on my website.
I love grilled chicken and if you own a grill this is a great way to serve chicken. If you don’t own a grill there are other ready-made options in the prepared frozen food section.
Six Layer Grilled Chicken Burritos Recipe
- Grill chicken on a gas or charcoal grill or purchase frozen grilled chicken.
- If grilled, slice chicken crosswise into thin strips and set aside.
- Prepare Rice-a-Roni exactly as directed on package.
- Dice tomatoes and place in separate bowl.
- Shred cheese and place in a separate bowl.
- To Assemble:
- Warm a flour tortilla 20 seconds in the microwave. Spread a thin layer of guacamole down the center of the burrito. Add rice, chicken, tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Fold and enjoy!
More Main Dish Dinner Ideas