An easy recipe for savory potato pancakes that you make in a food processor. These pancakes are made with potatoes, eggs, cream, onion, and Saltine crackers. Serve these pancakes for breakfast or brunch with maple syrup and sausage on the side, and perhaps a dish of fruit or applesauce.
This recipe is for everyone that loves a savory pancake but does not want to go through the trouble of ricing potatoes. By using a food processor, the job of mixing the batter is a snap.
These pancakes turn out crispy and golden brown, not greasy and soggy because you use Saltine crackers in the recipe which helps keep them crisp.
You can also top them with applesauce, as the fruit complements the savory potato and onion quite nicely.
Savory Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cream or condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Scant ½ cup crushed Saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peel and dice the potatoes to about 1 inch cubes. Place in food processor and process for about 20 seconds.
- Add in the eggs, cream, salt, onion, cracker crumbs, flour, and baking powder. Process until smooth, but do not over process.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan, add a pat of butter, and fry until golden brown and crispy.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
More Pancake Recipes