Here is an easy and delicious hot fudge sauce recipe to make at home. This sauce is wonderful drizzled over pudding, crepes, eclairs, fruit, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert. It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping!
If your not satisfied with chocolate syrup on your ice cream, it is worth the effort to make it yourself. There is something about homemade hot fudge that is just better than plain chocolate syrup.
Treat your friends and family to a homemade sauce on top of your favorite ice cream. It is easy to make and you can easily double the recipe if you are having an ice cream sundae party.
There are two different recipes below, check out both of them!
Don’t want to make your own? Buy hot fudge toppings on Amazon…
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup cold Water
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the cornstarch, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add the water and butter and cook over low to medium heat, stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Serve hot or cold over an ice cream flavor of your choice or a delicious dessert such as Bavarian cream or eclairs.
Hot Fudge Topping For Ice Cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon cocoa
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (or ½ and ½)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and cocoa. Stir to combine.
- Blend in the heavy cream.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla.
Can be reheated in microwave. Makes about 1 cup of sauce.