Here is an easy and delicious hot fudge sauce recipe to make at home. This sauce is wonderful drizzled over pudding, crepes, eclairs, fruit, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert. It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping!
If your not satisfied with chocolate syrup on your ice cream, it is worth the effort to make it yourself. There is something about homemade hot fudge that is just better than plain chocolate syrup.
Dress up your table with these vintage dessert dishes from eBay.
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup cold Water
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the cornstarch, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add the water and butter and cook over low to medium heat, stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Serve hot or cold over an ice cream flavor of your choice or a delicious dessert such as Bavarian cream or eclairs.
Hot Fudge Topping For Ice Cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon cocoa
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (or ½ and ½)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and cocoa. Stir to combine.
- Blend in the heavy cream.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla.
Can be reheated in microwave. Makes about 1 cup of sauce.
More Ice Cream and Dessert Topping Ideas
Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe
Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Recipes Cookbook