A delicious hot chocolate mix recipe made from dry milk powder, cocoa powder, non-dairy creamer, and cinnamon. Serve with marshmallows for a cold winter treat or anytime you are looking for a hot drink.
Warm up on a cold afternoon or evening with a delicious cup of homemade hot chocolate. Marshmallows and/or whipped cream are optional!
This hot cocoa mix recipe makes 24 servings, which should be enough to serve your friends and family after an ice skating party or snowball fight and not run out of mix.
View more breakfast and brunch drink recipes like this hot chocolate mix recipe.
Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
**Pre-sweetened cocoa powder is unsweetened cocoa with sugar and sometimes vanilla added in. It is different from hot chocolate mix or cocoa mix because it does not have any milk products added in. It can be used for baking some items as well. Two brands are Ghirardelli and Scharffenberger.
You may be able to find these in better grocery stores or a store that specializes in baking ingredients. You can order them online also via their respective websites or possibly through Amazon.com.
- 5-1/2 cups dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 cups pre-sweetened cocoa powder***
- ¾ cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry milk powder, pre-sweetened cocoa powder, non-dairy creamer and ground cinnamon.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add marshmallows and stir to distribute them
- Store hot chocolate mix in an airtight container.
- To Serve: For one serving, combine ⅓ cup mix with 1 cup boiling water in a large coffee cup or coffee mug. Stir to dissolve and enjoy.
This hot chocolate mix yields approximately 24 servings. (Makes about 8-1/2 cups of hot chocolate mix.)