An easy homemade golden granola recipe made in the microwave with oatmeal, chopped dates, dried apricots, shredded coconut, pecans, raisins, and sweetened with honey and a touch of cinnamon.
You can make this healthy granola in the microwave so it is quick and easy and can be ready to eat in about 10 to 15 minutes.
This cereal is a nice combination of crunchy, chewy, sweet, and tangy flavors and textures. The microwave gives it a slightly chewier texture. The recipe turns out not too sweet and not too salty.
Homemade granola can be served in many different ways. Eat it for a snack and pack it as trail mix for an on the go energy food. Serve it for breakfast and pour cold milk on top. Also try pouring milk on it and warm it up in the microwave for a hot cereal or use it as a topping for yogurt.
You can also prepare this recipe in the oven – just preheat your oven to 325 degrees and bake for 30-45 minutes on a baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
You can also find other cereals here.
Homemade Golden Granola Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal, quick or old fashioned
- 1 c. shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- Combine all ingredients except raisins, dates, and apricots in a large bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle into 11"x7" microwave save baking dish.
- Cook in microwave on high power 8-10 minutes or until light brown, stirring after every 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, dates, and apricots and sprinkle into a large shallow baking pan or onto a cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Note: Watch the granola in the microwave very closely when cooking. Check it after every 1-2 minutes to ensure it does not burn.
You can also prepare this recipe in the oven - just preheat your oven to 325 degrees and bake for 30-45 minutes on a baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.