Spiced tea is made with orange, cranberry, and apple juice and flavored with cinnamon candies, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and sugar. It is not actually made with tea at all, but it is a delicious warm drink that will warm up a cold winter day.
Serve this hot drink as an alternative to coffee in the cold winter months. You can also serve this tea as a good warm up after a skating party or skiing. There are just some times when you want a warm beverage to serve and not everyone likes coffee. This is also a drink that all ages can enjoy.
This spice tea recipe is for a large party sized perkolater coffee pot or coffee urn that holds at least 24 cups. Not everyone has one of these, but chances are your neighbor does. Perhaps they will let you borrow it for a day or take a look below at some that you can buy.
You can also find other drink recipes here.
“Too sweet, but really, really good.” – Cindy F. via FB
Spiced Tea Recipe
- 1-12 ounce Cranberry frozen concentrate juice, with correct amount of water
- 1-12 ounce Orange frozen concentrate juice, with correct amount of water
- 1-12 ounce Apple frozen concentrate juice, with correct amount of water
- 1-8 ounce package red hot cinnamon candies
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 whole cloves
- Kitchen Equipment Needed
- 24-cup or larger coffee maker or coffee urn (party size)
- Put concentrates with the correct amount of water as stated on each can of frozen concentrate in a large party perkolater coffee pot.
- In the basket of coffee maker, put the package of cinnamon candies, cinnamon sticks (broken), sugar and cloves.
- Brew like coffee and serve hot with cinnamon sticks.