A healthy fruit smoothie recipe made with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, orange juice and fresh buttermilk.
Serve this smoothie with homemade muffins for a quick breakfast or brunch.
Fruit smoothies are a healthy alternative to a heavy breakfast and taste great because you use fresh fruit.
There is a nice mix of fruits in this drink, including blueberries, strawberries, and banana. The flavors work well together and taste really good when mixed with orange juice and buttermilk.
It can also be adjusted to other fruits if you don’t happen to have these specific fruits in the house. It is a fairly versatile recipe.
This breakfast drink is ready in 10 minutes or less and perfect for breakfast on the go.
This recipe makes 4 servings, enough for the family in most cases. If you don’t drink all of the smoothie you can store it in the refrigerator and use a whisk to stir it up the next day. It will keep for a day or two.
You might also like this strawberry banana fruit smoothie.
Fruit Smoothie Recipe With Buttermilk
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup sugar or equivalent amount Splenda
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 cups fresh buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Rinse and thoroughly drain the blueberries and banana.
- Cut strawberries in half.
- Place all fruit in a standard or smoothie blender. Add sugar, orange juice, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Process all of the ingredients until smooth and thoroughly mixed together.
- This fruit smoothie recipe makes (4) 8-ounce servings.