Fresh fruit skewers are made with apple, pear, pineapple, grapes, and strawberries with a light vanilla honey glaze drizzled over the top. The honey glaze adds just the right bit of sweetness to make these fruit chunks disappear quickly.
When you need a fun snack idea for school age children during summer vacation, get them involved with helping put the fruit on the skewers while you mix up the honey glaze.
These fruit skewers are bright and colorful and also look great on a brunch buffet.
The glaze also allows the beautiful bright colors of the fruit to shine through. What a great way to serve summery fresh fruit!
Chunks of fresh strawberries, pineapple, grapes, apples and pear are gently sweetened with honey and flavored with a hint of vanilla. Your children will think this is a very special treat.
Serve this as a fun fruit recipe alternative for your breakfast or brunch menu.
You can also find more fruit recipes like these fresh fruit skewers.
Fresh Fruit Skewers Recipe
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 medium sized pear
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-8 ounce can pineapple chunks , drained or use fresh pineapple
- 24 grapes, seedless, red and green
- 2 dozen ripe red strawberries
- Vanilla Honey Glaze
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Kitchen Equipment Needed
- 12 wooden skewers (12 inches long)
- small mixing bowl
- Cut and peel both the apple and pear into 1 inch chunks.
- Toss the apple and pear chunks with lemon juice to keep them from turning dark.
- Drain the pineapple chunks to remove the juice.
- Separate each of the fruits into 12 individual portions.
- Alternate fruits by threading onto the 12 wooden skewers.
- Place honey and vanilla in a smaller glass microwave safe bowl. Heat just long enough for honey to be able to be stirred, about 20 seconds. Do not overheat the honey! Stir the vanilla and honey together.
- Divide equally and pour into 6 small bowls and serve along with the fresh fruit skewers.
- Makes 12 skewers. Serves 6.