Here is a delicious and easy vanilla sauce recipe to make at home. It is extra smooth and creamy because of the evaporated milk in the recipe. Serve over ice cream and desserts.
There is something about the aroma of vanilla that will draw your family and friends away from the television and other electronic devices. Make this easy dessert topping for your favorite cake or pie and watch it disappear quickly.
This topping is wonderful drizzled over bread pudding, instant or cooked pudding, crepes, eclairs, poached pears, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert.
It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping for those of you who are crazy about vanilla!
You could also just eat it plain! I won’t tell anyone. 🙂
Don’t want to make your own? Find prepared vanilla sauces and syrups here on Amazon.
Extra Smooth Easy Vanilla Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in your evaporated milk.
- Using medium heat, cook and stir constantly, just until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate for about two hours or until well-chilled.
- Serve on your favorite pound cake, bread pudding or crepes recipe.