An easy pancake recipe – make these quick and easy pancakes for breakfast or brunch. Made with buttermilk, the pancakes turn out light and fluffy.
This homemade pancake recipe will become a favorite breakfast and brunch recipe with your family. Pancakes that are made from scratch just can’t be beat.
Be sure to have plenty of real maple, blueberry or apple cinnamon pancake syrups on hand along with real butter to make these pancakes even better.
Buttermilk in these homemade pancakes makes them moist and light and gives a homemade flavor. If you don’t care for the flavor of buttermilk, you may substitute the same amount of whole milk instead. But I would suggest you give the buttermilk a try, as the flavor mellows after the pancake has been fried.
Try these quick and easy breakfast recipes, most are ready in 30 minutes or less.
You can also find more pancake recipes here.
“If no buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to one cup of milk and let sit for up to 5 minutes this works in place of the buttermilk.” – Stacy S. via FB
Easy Pancake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups fresh buttermilk**
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl using a whisk, beat eggs slightly.
- Whisk in the fresh buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the flour and pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Stir with a whisk until combined and most of the lumps are worked out. (Don't worry if there are a few lumps left.)
- Heat your frying pan or griddle. Lightly oil with vegetable oil or butter.
- Ladle pancake batter onto your pan or griddle and fry on the first side until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Serve with butter and pancake syrups such as maple, blueberry, or apple cinnamon syrup.
**If you don't have fresh buttermilk, you can use powdered buttermilk instead. Just use 2 cups of water and 8 Tablespoons (1/2 cup) of powdered buttermilk (usually found in the baking isle) in place of the fresh buttermilk for this easy pancake recipe.
"If no buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to one cup of milk and let sit for up to 5 minutes this works in place of the buttermilk." - Stacy S. via FB