An easy coffeecake recipe made with flour, sugar, milk, and butter, and topped with brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Serve this coffee cake warm for breakfast, brunch or an afternoon snack and add a sweet treat to your day.
Serve with a good cup of coffee or tea when that unexpected company is showing up soon, as this only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and about 30 minutes to bake. You could also serve this cake as part of a Sunday brunch menu along with fresh or dried fruit.
Easy Coffeecake Recipe with Brown Sugar and Pecans
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Large mixing bowl
- 9" x 9" baking pan, greased and floured
- small mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) together into a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, egg whites, butter and vanilla. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for three minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9" x 9" pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the crumb topping and sprinkle on top of the coffeecake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
This easy coffeecake recipe serves 6-9 depending on how you cut the pieces.