An easy Chicken Parmesan recipe made with fresh chicken, Italian bread crumbs, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and served over a bed of spaghetti. Serve for an easy family weekend dinner.
This is one of those recipes where you don’t know what you have missed for years until you make this at home. In our family, Chicken Parmesan went from some type of obscure chicken dish to a recipe we make at least once per month.
If you love chicken and spaghetti, you won’t go wrong trying this recipe for dinner this weekend!
Notes: You can use a traditional spaghetti sauce for this recipe, but I personally prefer using Marinara sauce. I find spaghetti sauce has too much seasoning which detracts from the flavor of the dish. Look for a good quality Marinara sauce. Buy the best quality chicken you can find, as there are differences in taste and quality. This is one dish you will be happy you spent a bit extra on quality chicken.
You might also like: Make at Home Southern Fried Chicken
Recommended: OXO Good Grips Meat Tenderizer For Chicken And Meats
OXO Good Grips Meat Tederizer
This is the chicken and meat tenderizer I recommend for pounding and flattening chicken breasts. It is heavy enough to do the job and I love the non-slip rubber handle. Use this for flattening and tenderizing steaks and chicken. It is one of those household kitchen tools every kitchen needs. Click here to read more.
Want it fast? Try an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 (12-16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter
- 1-24 ounce jar Marinara sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin by preparing the spaghetti as directed on package. Once cooked, place in a glass serving dish and add 1-2 Tablespoons of butter to the noodles and toss to coat. This keeps the spaghetti from sticking together while you prepare the chicken.
- To prepare the chicken, pound each chicken breast to flatten to a uniform thickness.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise so you have 6 equal portions of chicken.
- Dip chicken in egg and then in bread crumbs.
- Fry the chicken in 1-2 Tablespoons butter in a medium hot non-stick skillet, turning and browning for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add more butter to the pan as needed to keep the chicken from sticking.
- When done, remove the chicken from skillet and set aside on a separate plate.
- Reduce heat and add in the Marinara sauce to the pan residue. Heat thoroughly.
- Add the chicken back in to the Marinara sauce.
- Place slices of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the frying pan lid on just until the cheese melts.
- To serve: Warm up spaghetti in microwave if necessary. Place a serving of spaghetti on a dinner plate, add a spoonful of Marinara sauce, and place the chicken on top.
- Serve additional Parmesan cheese at the table so guests can add extra to their personal taste.
I prefer and recommend Marinara sauce instead of spaghetti sauce, but either will work.
More Main Dish Dinner Ideas