An easy dark chocolate sauce recipe to make at home. Save the money and make your own homemade dark chocolate ice cream topping. Serve over ice cream and desserts.
This dark chocolate sauce is wonderful drizzled over pudding, crepes, eclairs, poached pears, pound cake, pie or just about any other dessert. It also makes a great ice cream sundae topping!
If you are a fan of dark chocolate this recipe is for you.
- Chocolate dessert sauces work great as a dip or fondue for strawberries, cherries, grapes or just about any other kind of fresh fruit.
- Spoon over pancakes, waffles, French toast, and crepes.
- Drizzle over turnovers, croissants and muffins.
- How about as a topping for pudding? Or place a spoonful into the bottom of a parfait dish and then add the pudding.
- Try stirring chocolate sauce into cream cheese and place in the center of a fruit tray to use as a dip.
Dark Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- Two-1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream or ½ and ½
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering water.
- Blend in the corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
- Add the cream and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cool slightly, and then stir in the vanilla.
- If not to be served immediately, keep hot by placing saucepan over a bowl of hot water.