A warm cider and rum punch made with rum, apple cider, apples, oranges, cinnamon, and ginger. Serve this punch recipe warm for a holiday party or brunch.
This is a wonderful treat to serve after a cold winter outing of skiing or ice skating. You can also serve it as part of a Halloween party menu or Christmas party menu. It is a great cocktail for the fall and winter months.
When your guests come through the door, they will be greeted with the heavy holiday aromas of apples, orange, and cinnamon drifting around the house.
If you want to keep this a non-alcoholic punch recipe, just leave out the rum.
You can also split the batch and add the rum to only one portion if you have younger children at your party.
Warm Cider and Rum Punch Recipe
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 apple, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 orange, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups dark rum
- Thinly slice the apple, orange and ginger crosswise.
- In a large kettle, add all ingredients except the rum. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. You can keep this warm on low heat for up to two hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in the two cups of dark rum.
- Transfer to a large punch bowl. Serve warm.