These delicious blueberry cream cheese muffins are made with blueberries, cream cheese, eggs, and heavy cream that give the muffins a moist, creamy texture. Enjoy them warm for breakfast or brunch.
Blueberries and cream cheese – what a great combination for a breakfast comfort food! These muffins also have a cinnamon sugar topping that makes them extra special.
I am warning you, it will be difficult to only eat just one of these special blueberry cream cheese muffins. In fact, you may need to make a double recipe, as they will disappear quickly!
Serve these blueberry muffins warm for breakfast or brunch.
They have a suprise cream cheese filling inside that is really good! It will be hard to stop at just one of these rich and creamy delights.
The reheat well in the microwave too. Just warm them up for a few seconds and enjoy.
This recipe for blueberry cream cheese muffins comes from my mom’s recipe box and is one she made quite frequently while I was growing up. This recipe definitely takes muffins from dry and crumbly to moist and delicious. I encourage you to give it a try for yourself.
You can also find more recipes for homemade muffins here.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (can also use whole milk)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- ¾-cup of granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup blueberries, drained (fresh or frozen)
- Sugar Topping Mixture:
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Your oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with 16-18 cupcake liners or grease and flour the muffins tins and put aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the softened cream cheese along with the vanilla and fresh lemon juice until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Beat in each of the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the heavy cream and butter and stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the five dry ingredients. Sift together.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the cream cheese and carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Ladle the batter equally into the muffin tins, each about 75% full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.