A baked egg casserole recipe made with eggs, Swiss cheese, bacon, onion, and milk. Make this egg recipe ahead the night before or the same day and serve for breakfast or brunch. You can also find more egg recipes like this one here.
One of the things I like best about this recipe is how simple and easy it goes together. Also, there is bacon in with the eggs! Yummy! There is nothing wrong with bacon both in the recipe and MORE bacon served on the side for a comforting morning breakfast, if you ask my humble opinion.
The touch of cayenne pepper in this recipe gives the eggs a nice flavor as well as the crisp bacon. The Swiss cheese forms a bubbly browned top crust.
If you know it will be a crazy morning, you can make this breakfast casserole ahead the night before, refrigerate and then bake it in the morning. This makes for a stress free breakfast or brunch!
When you have a large crowd to feed, you can easily add a few more eggs and milk to the recipe to stretch it to fit the number of guests. If you do that, just cut the pieces a bit smaller so everyone gets a piece.
Any leftovers will reheat well in the microwave.
Baked Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 dozen eggs (12 eggs)
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried, and crumbled into small pieces
- ¼ cup sweet onion or green onion, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and quickly whisk in to above mixture.
- Spray a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the dish and sprinkle the crumbled bacon and chopped onion over the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn eggs carefully with a spoon and then layer the Swiss cheese evenly on top of the mixture.
- Bake 30-45 minutes longer.